Table of Contents
- What is the Human Skin?
- How to find the right natural dark skin product in the market
- The importance of Knowing your Skin Type
- Let dive more into the Human Skin Types and their characteristics
- List of vitamins, foods and temperature conditions beneficial to the human black skin
- How to Maintain a Healthy Dark Skin
- Using the Top Natural Skin Care Creams to enrich darker skin tones
- The Benefits of using these natural African skin products.
- 1. Natural Shea Butter
- 2. The African Black Soap
- 3. Moringa Powder
What is the Human Skin?
The human skin or epidermis is immensely the largest organ of the body. Pre-dominantly, it is important to really take care of it to stay healthy. And one aspect of taking care of your body or dark skin is to use the best dark skin creams, natural soaps, pomades and other natural methods in the market.
Another is to use certain natural ingredients, oils, steps and the knowledge of using the right skin type methods or product to improve the quality to cater for your skin. This is a comprehensive article to help figure out the best way to take care of a true dark or black skin. Before we begin, first let look at some of the dont’s and do when choosing the right natural skin product.
How to find the right natural dark skin product in the market
- When choosing a natural cream or product for the black skin, you should always look at the ingredients list first. If you see any artificial colours or fragrances listed, put it back on the shelf; these ingredients can cause irritation and won’t do anything beneficial for your skin .
- You also want to avoid products with alcohol in them; while they might feel refreshing at first , they actually strip away natural oils from your skin which can lead to dryness and irritation .
The importance of Knowing your Skin Type
There are many reasons why it is important to know your skin type. Knowing your skin type has nothing to do with your skin color or pigmentation. The following are some of the importance.
For one, knowing this will help you improve the best way for a glowing skin and can also for checking up on skin blemishes like razor bumps, Ingrown hairs and preventing from uv rays. This help you choose the right products to use on your skin like, if your skin is prone to sun damage or not. Example is some people want lighter skin tones.
- Knowing your skin type may help you to understand whether a lighter skin tone is beneficial for you or might cause dead skin cells or even knowing how to care of Ingrown hairs. Ingrown hairs are hairs that have curled back around and grown into the skin. This can cause the skin to become irritated, red, and inflamed.
- Another example is some African american skin types are not susceptible to products that are too harsh for their skin, this could end up causing irritation, redness, and even breakouts.
- On the other hand, using products that are too gentle for your skin type could result in your skin not being properly cleansed or moisturised, which can also lead to problems.
- Additionally, knowing your skin type can help you better understand how your skin care routine and responds to certain natural ingredient/s, treatments, and environmental factors. For example, people with dry skin might need to use different products or take different precautions than people with oily skin when exposed to the sun or wind.
- Similarly, people with sensitive skin might need to be more careful about using certain active ingredients or exfoliating too often.
In short, knowing your skin type is important because it can help you choose the right products, understand how your skin responds to various stimuli, and take better care of your skin overall.
Let dive more into the Human Skin Types and their characteristics
The Normal Skin Type
Normal skin is well-balanced, with few blemishes or imperfections. Dry skin is lacking in natural oils and may appear flaky or rough. Normal skin is not too dry or too oily, and it is not especially sensitive. You can care for it by cleansing it gently with a mild soap or cleanser, using a light moisturizer, and protecting it from the sun.
The Oil Skin
Oily skin can be shiny and is more prone to pimples and other blemishes. To care for it, use a mild soap or cleanser, apply a light moisturiser, and use products that are labelled “non-comedogenic,” which means they won’t clog your pores. You should also avoid excessive sun exposure.
The Combination Skin
Combination skin is a mix of dry and oily skin, usually with an oily T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) and dryer cheeks. To care for the Combination Skin type, use a mild soap or cleanser, apply a light moisturiser, and use products that are labelled “non-comedogenic,” which means they won’t clog your pores. You should also avoid excessive sun exposure.
The Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin may be easily irritated by certain products or environmental factors. To care for it, use a mild soap or cleanser, apply a light moisturiser, and use products that are labeled “hypoallergenic” or “for sensitive skin.” You should also avoid excessive sun exposure.
Benefits of Using Natural Essential Oils in Skin Care Products
Natural materials like shea butter or cocoa butter make great moisturisers , while essential oils can add antioxidants and other nutrients that benefit the dark skin tone complexion. Natural essential oils are not only great for the skin, but they’re also very affordable. You can find these natural oils at your local health food store or online. Here are some of the top benefits of using natural essential oils on your skin :
- They Can Help to Reduce Inflammation and Redness – If you suffer from inflammatory conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, or rosacea, then using natural essential oils can help to soothe and calm irritated black skin. Try chamomile oil or lavender oil which have both anti-inflammatory properties.
- They Can Help Heal Wounds Faster – Tea tree oil is an excellent choice for helping wounds heal faster as it has antibacterial properties which will prevent infection while promoting healing. Other good choices include frankincense oil and myrrh oil – both of which were used in ancient times to speed up wound healing time!
- They Improve Skin Texture & Tone – If you want to improve the overall appearance of your complexion then consider adding some rosehip seed oil into your skincare routine as it’s high in fatty acids and vitamin C, two nutrients that are key for maintaining healthy, youthful darker skin cells.”
And if you’re looking for something specifically targeted towards acne-prone skins , try tea tree oil soap or salicylic acid cleansers ; both have been shown scientific studies reduce breakouts without being harsh on sensitive complexions .
List of vitamins, foods and temperature conditions beneficial to the human black skin
Vitamins A, C and E are antioxidants that help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can cause cell damage and lead to premature ageing. Antioxidants neutralise free radicals or dark mark before they can do any harm.
Foods that are Beneficial to the Human Skin
Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines and avocados are good for the darker skin because they help keep it supple and moisturised. Omega-3 fats also have anti-inflammatory properties which can be helpful if you suffer from acne or other inflammatory skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema.
How to Maintain a Healthy Dark Skin
Eating a Healthy Diet
Avocados are high in healthy fats and can help to moisturise and protect the skin. They also contain vitamins A, C, and E, which can help to repair and protect the skin from damage.
Blueberries are full of antioxidants, which can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. Blueberries can also help to improve the appearance of the skin by reducing inflammation and redness.
Sweet potatoes are a good source of beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is important for maintaining healthy skin.
Eating salmon can help the skin because salmon is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial for the skin because they can help to reduce inflammation and keep the skin hydrated.
Avoiding Excessive Sun Exposure
Excessive sun exposure is when you are exposed to more ultraviolet (UV) radiation than your skin can safely handle. This can happen if you stay in the sun for too long, if you don’t use sunscreen, or if you have a skin condition that makes your skin more sensitive to UV radiation. Excessive sun exposure can lead to a number of skin problems, including sunburn, premature ageing, and skin cancer.
There are a number of sunscreen products on the market that offer different levels of protection. Some of the best sunscreen products include those that are water resistant, have a high SPF, and offer broad-spectrum protection.
These products can be found at most drugstores and supermarkets.
Smoking causes a number of problems for the skin. These include premature ageing, wrinkles, and a decrease in the skin’s elasticity. Avoiding smoking is one of the best things you can do for your skin.
There are a number of resources available to help quit smoking in-case you do, this includes counselling, support groups, and medication.
Using Gentle Skincare Products
Some of the best gentle skincare products for darker skin include: -Aloe vera, -Argan oil, -Rosehip oil
Managing Stress Levels
Scientists have found that there is a link between stress levels and healthy skin. High levels of stress can lead to a number of o problems, including advanced ageing, wrinkles, and a decrease in the skin’s elasticity. Managing stress levels is one of the best things you can do for your skin. Managing stress levels can benefit the skin through the reduction of inflammation, improving skin barrier function, and reducing the risk of skin problems.
Using the Top Natural Skin Care Creams to enrich darker skin tones
This section of the article is targeted to people looking to nourish their natural darker skin with the best skin protection creams. Based on our research, some of the natural ingredients found in most of these caring products were Shea Butter , African Black Soap , Moringa Powder , Coconut Oil , Neem Oil and Noni Fruit .
The Benefits of using these natural African skin products.
1. Natural Shea Butter
Natural Shea Butter is one of the ingredient to a successful melanin rich skin and has been considered to be one of the most ancient natural skin care product used by Africans for ages. It is mostly used by black women with an uneven skin tone or oily skin to revive their melanin and improves skin health.
This African natural cream is the fat released and produced from the African shea tree. The natural color is ivory when raw. It is most of the time dyed with palm oil especially in Ghana, and dyed with Borututu in other parts of Africa like Angola. It is also edible and mostly used for food preparation by mixing it with other oils to replace cocoa butter.
Benefits to the dark skin
For sun-blocking , it is used as an estimated SPF of 3-4. SPF which is the Sun Protection Factor, this SPF is used to measure the level of protection a product will give you from the sun’s Ultra Violet Radiation which naturally blocks about 97% of UVB and with some limited components with capacity to absorb ultraviolet radiation.
In other words, It is also good for protecting the skin from sun burns and cleaning dark skin spots. In Ghana, it is normally used especially in the dry season to protect the skin from drying. It has a very unique way of maintaining the skin tone.
Boost Skin Care with Moisture : By boosting the dark skin moisture, with anti-inflammatory properties to soothe skin problems.
Massage and Deep Tissue : And also normally used as skin care protection for children having severe cold and for massaging into deep tissue and bones.
Prevents Wrinkles : It also has Antioxidants and anti-aging properties to prevent wrinkles.
Heals Skin Cuts : This butter cream also heals cuts and scrapes on the skin by removing dark spots and helps fights skin breakouts.
2. The African Black Soap
Black soap, also known as The African black soap or ” Ose Dudu ” or ” Alata Soap ” in Ghana, is a natural, handmade soap originating from West Africa. It is made with plantain skins, palm kernel oil and shea butter.
Benefits of using Black Soap to Bath
Black soap has many benefits for the skin including cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing and supressing hyperpigmentation. It one of the best remedies to remove dark spots on the skin. The ingredients in black Soap work together to protect and nourish the skin. Black Soap uses Plantain skins which are rich in vitamins A and E which help to improve the appearance of scars and wrinkles.
Palm kernel oil contains lauric acid which has antibacterial properties that can help to treat acne breakouts. Shea-butter is an excellent source of moisture for dry skin types .It helps to soothe eczema flare-ups and keep skin looking smooth youthful . African black soap can be found at most health food stores or on most African online retailers and e-commerce shops.
Some African American Black Soaps on Amazon
3. Moringa Powder
What is so unique about Moringa Powder is its collagen content. Collagen is responsible for about 30% of the body’s protein. Collagen provides the structure, strength and support the skin, muscles and even bones and connective tissues. Moringa is not only used for skin care creams but also serves as edibles and garnishment.
Origin of the Moringa Tree
Moringa powder is a superfood which is made from dried leaves of the Moringa oleifera tree. The oleifera tree originates from Africa and Asia, The moringa tree has been used for centuries in traditional medicine to treat a wide variety of ailments.
Today, moringa powder is gaining popularity as a nutritional supplement due to its high concentration of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Moringa powder is rich in nutrients that are beneficial for the skin.
Benefits of the Moringa Powder to the Skin
These include Vitamin C, beta-carotene, proteins, and essential amino acids. The antioxidant properties of these nutrients help protect the skin against damage caused by free radicals.
Moringa’s collagen production helps keep the skin looking young and healthy. Additionally, moringa powder can be helpful in treating various skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis with its anti-inflammatory properties. It is therefore very imperative to add an ingredient of Moringa to your skin care cream shopping list.